- Mint has a fresh, clean aroma and is great for the bathroom. To one cup of vinegar, add equal parts mint and 5 teaspoons of baking powder. Shake well. Strain and add ½ cup of water.
- Peppermint is a natural pesticide. Pop some in vodka and spray you dogs bedding.
- Lavender works as a disinfectant as well as a deodorizer. It also calms you and helps you sleep, so is perfect for the bedroom and linen. Add it to vodka to spritz you upholstered fabrics.
- Eucalyptus oil has antiviral and antibacterial properties, and is a great additive for cleaning floors or removing sticky labels.
- Orange or lemon peels warmed through olive oil or coconut can be great furniture polish
- Bay leaves steeped in vinegar then added equal parts to water is a great pantry spray
- Rosemary mixed with vodka is wonderful for cleaning windows and mirrors
By Lindy Wong and Meredith Kirton